Frequently Asked Questions

  • I need to speak with someone, who can I call?
    Please contact the dedicated military advising team 877-894-6388
  • How much will it cost for me to attend DeVry University?
    Cost per credit hour for an undergraduate degree program is $250. Additional charges for electronic course materials apply.
  • Is DeVry University accredited?
    Yes. DeVry University is accredited by DeVry University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Keller Graduate School of Management is included in this accreditation. NCA is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized accrediting association.
  • Who is eligible to receive DeVry University's military rate?
    All US military personnel serving in the five branches of the US Armed Forces, including Reserves and National Guard, and their spouses qualify for the military rate.
  • Is DeVry University a Service members Opportunity College (SOC) member school?
    Yes. DeVry University has been a long-time member of the SOC consortium of schools. DeVry is also a SOC core member of SOCNAV, SOCMAR, and SOCCOAST.
  • Do I have to pay an application fee?
    No. The DeVry University application fee is waived for all eligible service members including eligible spouses.
  • Am I eligible to use my military tuition assistance (TA) for coursework at DeVry University online?
    Yes. Service members are eligible to use their full entitlements per fiscal year on tuition expenses in DeVry University's distance learning program.
  • Can I use my GI Bill® while active duty on a DeVry University approved degree plan?
    Yes. While on active duty you may be eligible to use your GI Bill via the "Top-Up" program to pay for tuition expenses beyond what your branch of service covers annually. To learn more about your Tuition Assistance "Top-Up" benefits, visit the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs website.
  • Can I transfer my military training credits toward a degree at DeVry University?
    Yes. You have the ability (depending on degree plan) to transfer up to 92 credits of approved coursework including ACE approved military transcripts into a bachelor's degree program. See Prior Learning Credit for more information.
  • Can I use CLEP and DANTES exams to fulfill credit and or course requirements?
    Yes. You may transfer CLEP and DANTES examinations. Credits transfers will be dependent upon your individual program requirements. See Prior Learning Credit for more information.
  • If I am deployed, can I withdraw from my class?
    Yes. You may withdraw from DeVry University online courses by simply providing us with a copy of your travel orders. If you are deployed at a moment's notice, we will need a POC within your unit to verify your deployment status. (Please refer to deployment policy for further information)
  • How many credits can I expect to receive within a given year?
    DeVry University offers six eight-week sessions each academic year. Academic schedules are flexible enough to allow you to take a full load or as few as one course per session.
  • Do I need any special software to access an online class?
    No special requirements are needed other than an updated PC, Microsoft Office and access to the Internet via dial-up or DSL.
  • How often do I have to attend class if I am completing a program online?
    Academic requirements require you to access your online classroom a minimum of 3 times per week (Mon-Sun). A portion of each student's grade is based on input into the classroom discussion. Assignments and exams are also required.
  • Do I have to be in an online class at a particular time?
    No. Our online delivery method is asynchronous, meaning that the student will have access to class 24/7. However, the instructor does have the option of holding a "live" chat room when students or the instructor feels the need to cover additional material or answer further questions.

Dependents who may benefit from family tuition savings include: spouse, biological child, stepchild, legally adopted child, child for whom the employee is a court appointed guardian, child of a domestic partner, and adoptive or biological parents of the eligible employee. Dependents are also defined as a domestic partner in a committed long-term relationship. Neither party can be legally married to other individuals.